Duluth Trading - Paid $91.98 and only credited $73.04 when returning the item

9 of 31 Duluth Trading reviews

I ordered a women's jacket and based on their sizing chart, I needed a large.When I was placing the order there was a sign on the top of their website that said all orders over $50 have free shipping.

In addition to the free shipping, there were 3 colors of this jacket that were on clearance for $79.99 (originally $99.99). So, I ordered one of the clearance colors to get the lower price. Unfortunately, the jacket did not fit but when I spoke to the Rep she told me that since I needed it within the next 10 days that it would be easier to place another order and just return the jacket for a credit. So, that's what I did but at this time, I didn't realize until I went to my credit card website to make a payment and that they did charge me $11.99 shipping on the original order.

In addition, while I was charged $91.98 for the order, I was only credited $73.04 for the order. First of all, I wasn't supposed to pay shipping (they didn't charge me shipping on the 2nd order because it was over $50, so why did they charge it on the 1st order?) and they even had the nerve to charge me $6.95 to return the jacket back to them. Aside from the fact that I wasn't supposed to pay shipping to begin with, it doesn't even make sense that they charged me $11.99 to ship one way and $6.95 to ship the same item back! In addition, why should it cost me anything at all for shipping when their sizing charts are so off?

If I followed the chart and ordered the size that matched my measurements, but it doesn't fit, why should it cost me $19 in shipping charges? That's their error and they need to change their measurements on the charts. For the second jacket delivered, I paid exactly $79.99, which was the same cost as the first jacket because I ordered the same color which was on clearance, plus free shipping (because it was over $50).

Makes no sense to me but they've lost my business.While I have attached a link to the jacket below, they no longer have any of the colors left that were on clearance so the price you will see is $99.99.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • That i was charged shipping when it was supposed to be free
    • It was supposed to be free
    • And their size chart was totally inaccurate
    • Inaccurate

Shoreline Shield Hooded Jacket 45808
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #856196 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Duluth Trading? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
9 of 31 Duluth Trading reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 14 #1198804 Summerfield, Florida, United States

I agree, this policy is unfair to the consumer. When I liked the color turquoise tee shirt, I ordered two more and they are a totally different color, when I returned them, I was charged shipping and receive much less back than I paid, same with another order of tee and pants when the comment state they are not sized properly! Why should I be penalized for Duluth's inadequacies?

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.